Argo Wins Best Picture at 2013 Oscars
Posted on February 26, 2013
Argo took home the Oscar for Best Picture at the 2013 Oscars. Ben Affleck produced, directed and starred in the film. Producers George Cloney, Ben Affleck, and Grant Heslov are pictured posing backstage with their Oscars. The film defeated eight other films to win the Oscar, including Lincoln and Les Miserables.
First Lady Michelle Obama announced the winner after an introduction by Jack Nicholson. In his acceptance speech, Ben Affleck thanked many people, including his wife, Jennifer Garner, and Canada. Affleck says he was a kid the first time he was on the Oscar stage (for winning Best Original Screenplay for Good Will Hunting with Matt Damon). He told the audience that you have to work incredibly hard in Hollywood and that you can't hold grudges. It was a good speech. Take a look:
Photo: Todd Wawrychuk / © A.M.P.A.S.
- Us Dominates Box Office With $70 Million Opening
- Captain Marvel Tops Box Office for Second Straight Weekend
- Lego Movie 2 Tops Weekend Box Office
- Bohemian Rhapsody Tops Weekend Box Office with $50 Million Opening
- Venom Tops Box Office With $80 Million Opening Weekend