Jackie Robinson Film, 42, Wins Weekend Box Office
Posted on April 14, 2013
42, a movie about Jackie Robinson starring Chadwick Boseman and Harrison Ford, is the number one film in theaters this weekend. 42 made $27.2 million during its opening weekend. This helped it easily defeat Scary Movie 5, which stars Ashley Tisdale. Scary Movie 5 made $15. This was a smaller box office opening than the past four Scary Movies. However, Deadline.com says the film only cost $19.5 million to make, so this still may not be the end of the horror comedy franchise.
Scary Movie 5 was followed by The Croods, G.I. Joe Retaliation, Evil Dead 2013 and Jurassic Park 3D. Jurassic Park 3D has now made over $30 million, which bodes well for Jurassic Park 4, which is set for a June 13, 2014 release date.
You can see the complete box office report here.
Photo: D. Stevens/Warner Bros. Pictures
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again
- Eminem Makes Cameo in SNL's Fun Stan Parody Called Stu