Black Adam Tops Box Office with $67 Million U.S. Opening
Posted on October 24, 2022
Black Adam starring actor Dwayne Johnson is a hit. The film topped the U.S. box office with a $67 million opening. It has also made $140+ million worldwide.
Deadline notes that the opening is the biggest ever for Johnson as a solo star. The film has a 90% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes which is much higher than the 39% critics score. It has a B+ Cinemascore.
Black Adam was followed by Ticket to Paradise which opened with $16.3 million. The romantic comedy follows a divorced couple (George Clooney and Julia Roberts) as they attempt to stop their daughter's wedding in Bali. It has an A- Cinemascore.
Ticket to Paradise was followed by Smile, Halloween Ends and Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile.
See the chart for weekend 42 of 2022 on boxofficemojo.com.
This is the second official trailer released for Black Adam.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again