Andrew Garfield Stars in Mel Gibson's WWII Film Hacksaw Ridge
Posted on July 29, 2016
Andrew Garfield stars in the trailer for Hacksaw Ridge the true story of World War II hero Desmond Doss. Desmond was a Seventh-day Adventist and opposed to all violence. He was drafted into the Army in 1942 and was happy to serve as a medic, but refused to carry a gun or to kill another man.
Doss went into battle without a weapon and saved an astonishing 75 men. He was wounded himself three times, and eventually was awarded the Medal of Honor, two Bronze Stars and three Purple Hearts for his courage. The film also stars Vince Vaughn, Sam Worthington, Hugo Weaving, and Teresa Palmer. It was directed by the controversial Mel Gibson, although you wouldn't know that from the trailer which doesn't even mention him. So it appears that Mel is slowly working his way into the Hollywood mainstream.
The trailer is excellent. It hits theaters on November 4th, in time for Oscar season . Take a look:
Photo: Summit Entertainment
- Us Dominates Box Office With $70 Million Opening
- Captain Marvel Tops Box Office for Second Straight Weekend
- Lego Movie 2 Tops Weekend Box Office
- Bohemian Rhapsody Tops Weekend Box Office with $50 Million Opening
- Venom Tops Box Office With $80 Million Opening Weekend