Andy Serkis Reads as Gollum at Event Celebrating 75th Anniversary of The Hobbit
Posted on September 24, 2012
Andy Serkis read from The Hobbit as Gollum at an event at the Fulham Palace Gardens in London. The event was part of a 75th anniversary celebration of J.R.R. Tolkein's The Hobbit. The festivities included the transformation of the Fulham Gardens into The Shire.
Serkis will return as Gollum in the upcoming film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which arrives in theaters on December 14, 2012.
Serkis talked about reclaiming the character during the first days of filming as it had been quite a long time between the LOTR films and The Hobbit movies. He certainly has Gollum's voice back in this reading. Serkis is amazing. This has us even more fired up for the movie. Take a look:
- A Quiet Place Part II Tops Memorial Day Box Office
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend