Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
Posted on April 5, 2021
Godzilla vs Kong is a big hit. It topped the U.S. box office for the Easter weekend and made $48.5 million for the five day period. The high gross was the first normal-like box office recorded since the Covid-19 pandemic began last year.
Godzilla vs. Kong is also currently available to HBO Max subscribers. This did not seem to diminish the film's box office appeal. CNN reports that the film's success also got the studio and movie theater stocks roaring on the stock exchange.
Godzilla vs. Kong made $16.3 million over the Easter 3-day weekend. It was followed by Nobody, an action thriller starring Bob Odenkirk, which made $8.8 million.
Nobody was followed by Raya and the Last Dragon, Tom and Jerry, Chaos Walking and The Courier. You can view the chart for the weekend on boxofficemojo.com
Godzilla and King Kong will be up against Monday and Vanquish this coming weekend. Here's the Godzilla vs. Kong trailer.
- Us Dominates Box Office With $70 Million Opening
- Captain Marvel Tops Box Office for Second Straight Weekend
- Lego Movie 2 Tops Weekend Box Office
- Bohemian Rhapsody Tops Weekend Box Office with $50 Million Opening
- Venom Tops Box Office With $80 Million Opening Weekend