Morgan Spurlock's Documentary Sets Guinness World Record
Posted on August 13, 2011
Morgan Spurlock's documentary about product placements has set the Guinness World Record for "most paid-for product placements in a film." Spurlock's documentary is called POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold. Spurlock is pictured above at the closing bell at NASDAQ with Amanda Mochan of Guinness World Records. Spurlock's suit is covered with ads.
Spurlock said in a statement, "It's a huge honor to make the record books with this project. A documentary about product placement setting the record for product placement carries a certain irony to it that fits in perfectly with my overall vision of the project."
Photo: Business Wire/Sony
- Us Dominates Box Office With $70 Million Opening
- Captain Marvel Tops Box Office for Second Straight Weekend
- Lego Movie 2 Tops Weekend Box Office
- Bohemian Rhapsody Tops Weekend Box Office with $50 Million Opening
- Venom Tops Box Office With $80 Million Opening Weekend