Rampage Tops Weekend Box Office
Posted on April 16, 2018
Rampage was the top film in theaters this weekend. The action film led by Dwayne Johnson had a $34.5 million opening. The film is based on the video game series from Midway Games. It has an A- CinemaScore.
Rampage was followed by A Quiet Place, the horror film directed by John Karsinski. It had a strong second weekend in theaters. It made another $32.6 million, falling just 35.1% from its opening weekend.
The creepy teen horror film Truth or Dare opened in third. It made $19 million and had a $6,299 per theater average. The film starring Lucy Hale and Tyler Posey has a B CinemaScore.
Ready Player One fell to the 4th position during its third weekend in theaters. It added $11 million to bring its total gross to $114 million. Blocker was fifth and Black Panther finished sixth and added another $5 million. Black Panther has made $673 million in U.S. theaters to date.
You can find the box office chart for the weekend here.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again