Spike to Air Original Series Based on Stephen King's The Mist in 2017
Posted on May 28, 2016
Spike has announced plans for an original series based on Stephen King's novella, The Mist. It was original published as part of King's story collection, Skeleton Crew, before being published as a standalone book. The TV series goes into production this summer and will air in 2017. Adam Bernstein (Fargo, 30 Rock and Scrubs) will serve as Director and Executive Producer for the premiere.
Spike has ordered 10 episodes of the series. Spike says The Mist tells a "harrowing story about a seemingly innocuous mist that seeps into a small town and creates immense havoc."
Spike has also recently ordered a series called Red Mars based on Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy. They aired an original miniseries last year called Tut last year based on Tutankhamun's life.
The Mist was also made into a horror film in 2007. It was written and directed by Frank Darabont.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again