Woody Harrelson and Andy Serkis Go to War in Trailer for War for the Planet of the Apes
Posted on December 9, 2016
Andy Serkis and Woody Harrelson go to war in the first trailer for War for the Planet of the Apes. This is the third film in the rebooted trilogy. Caesar the ape has tried to offer peace to humans, who have been decimated by a plague, but their new leader the Colonel (Woody Harrelson) is not in the mood for peace talks.
The trailer shows us both sides of the conflict, beginning with Caesar's thoughts about the war. Andy Serkis has done an amazing job with the motion capture Caesar, the leader who used to love the humans who created him but now must wage war on them to survive. Woody Harrelson has gone full metal jacket in this film -- he sees this as a war which will either resurrect or destroy what's left of humanity.
The film also stars Judy Greer, Steve Zahn, Ty Olsson, Max Lloyd-Jones and Aleks Paunovic. Directed by Matt Reeves, the film is set for release on July 14, 2017. Take a look:
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again