SNL Sketch: He-Ra, She-Ra and Lion-O Come to Life
Posted on September 29, 2014
One of the best Saturday Night Live sketches from last weekend was "He-Man and Lion-O." When a lonely boy (Kyle Mooney) wishes that his toys would come to life on his birthday he gets a real surprise when they do.
Chris Pratt appears as He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe as you might recall from the popular 80s cartoon. Taran Killam plays Lion-O from Thundercats and is absolutely, maniacally hilarious. The boy was hoping that it would be a Toy Story kind of moment, but it just wasn't going to happen.
He-Man is a moron and Lion-O appears to be going through a late puberty. They eat cake, smash things and go in search of girls. They find She-Ra (Ariana Grande) who refuses to give the birthday boy a hug, and just wants to smash things. When the boy's mom (Aidy Bryant) arrives, things get really freaky. Mommy is very happy with her son's wish and invites all three superheroes to join her in the hot tub. Take a look:
- A Quiet Place Part II Tops Memorial Day Box Office
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend