Tom Hanks is a Toddler and Tiaras Dad on Jimmy Kimmel Skit
Posted on March 2, 2011
Tom Hanks was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel's post Oscar show and participated in a hilarious video spoof in which Tom becomes the worst stage dad in the world to his daughter Sophie (played by actress Nikki Hahn).
Tom has her compete in a fictional baby pageant in Nevada and the whole thing is caught on tape for Toddlers and Tiaras. Tom sprays her with water when she tries to eat a cookie, while admonishing her to remember the swimsuit competition. He shows her how to dance and walk. Later his daughter confides that it's Tom that really wants to wear the costumes and compete. Tom confides that "In fact, we named her Sophie because it rhymes with ... trophy!"
Be sure and stay tuned to the end -- it turns out that Tom is not the only celebrity father that is determined that his daughter win the coveted title. Jimmy Kimmel is there with his daughter and so is Ron Howard. When Ron's daughter wins the title, Hanks is furious. They all really committed to their roles, which just made it funnier. Take a look:
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again