High School Musical 2 a Smash Hit
Posted on September 1, 2007
If you haven't already heard High School Musical 2 was a huge hit for Disney as expected. Variety reports that the shows 17.2 million viewers was the "most-watched basic-cable telecast on record." This is twice the viewers the first HSM film received.
Fans of the HSM shows do watch them over and over again. They also watch the music videos over and over again. They also post them repeatedly. Evidence of this is the 100,000+ videos that turn up if you search YouTube for "High School Musical." Disney has even set up a YouTube channel for HSM 2.
It is very likely that Disney will make a third High School Musical film. Variety says HSM 3 will be a theatrical release. The question is whether they will be able to get the stars - Zac Efron, Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens - as by now that they are becoming household names. The should be able to if they offer the stars enough money. Besides it is the HSM films that are turning these actors into stars.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again