Patricia Arquette and Vincent Piazza Go on a Crime Spree in The Wannabe
Posted on October 26, 2015
Patricia Arquette and Vincent Piazza star in the first trailer for Wannabe, which is based on a true story of a wannabe mobster and his gung ho girlfriend. The film is set in the early 1990s in New York City when mobster John Gotti was on trial for multiple felonies, including drug trafficking and murder.
Gotti was the infamous head of the Gambino crime family and earned the name the Teflon Don after he was acquitted in three separate trials in the 1980s. But when his right hand man turned on him, he was finally convicted and sent to prison. The film focuses on Thomas Uva (Vincent Piazza), a mafia fan who attended Gotti's trial and robed local mafia social clubs with his girlfriend Rose (Patricia Arquette). The duo embarked on a Bonnie and Clyde style crime spree.
The film was written and directed by Nick Sandow, who also co-stars in the film. Michael Imperioli, Domenick Lombardozzi and David Zayas also star. The film will be released in theaters and on demand on December 4th. Take a look:
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again