Tom Brady Appeals Four Game Deflategate Suspension
Posted on May 14, 2015
New England Patriot quarterback Tom Brady is appealing his four game suspension. Brady was suspended by the NFL over the Deflategate scandal. The Super Bowl winning quarterback appears to have been lying about his involvement in the scandal. CNN reports that an NFL issued report found that it was "more probable than not" that Brady was aware the balls were deflated by locker room attendant Jim McNally and equipment assistant John Jastremski.
McNally even referred to himself as the "Deflator" in texts uncovered in the investigation. The Patriots are now trying to suggest that the use of the "Deflator" term was about weight loss and not about deflating footballs.
Tom Brady's appeal was filed by the NFL Players Association. The NFLPA says in a statement, "If Ted Wells and the NFL believe, as their public comments stated, that the evidence in their report is 'direct' and 'inculpatory,' then they should be confident enough to present their case before someone who is truly independent."
Here is a recap of Brady's four game suspension.
- A Quiet Place Part II Tops Memorial Day Box Office
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend