Ben Affleck is a 1920s Bootlegger in First Live by Night Trailer
Posted on September 9, 2016
Ben Affleck directs and stars in the first trailer for Live by Night, a 1920s gangster drama Affleck adapted from the Dennis Lehane novel. Affleck plays Joe Coughlin, the son of a Boston police captain. He served in World War I, but the war changed him. He explains, "I signed up to fight in the war. I went away a soldier. I came home an outlaw." Prohibition is in full swing and fortunes were made selling illegal booze to the speakeasys.
Coughlin crosses a mobster and steals his girl, which sets off a chain of violent events. Coughlin leaves Boston to go to Florida to be a bootlegger. The film also stars Zoe Saldana, Sienna Miller, Chris Cooper, Brendan Gleeson, Chris Messina and Elle Fanning. Affleck co-produced the film with Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Davisson Killoran and Jennifer Todd.
The film hits theaters on January 13, 2017. Take a look:
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again