Beyonce Talks Weight Gain For New Role in Cadillac Records
Posted on October 21, 2008
Beyonce plays legendary singer Etta James in the new music film Cadillac Records. Beyone says she gained 15 pounds to play the role. The film was written and directed by Darnell Martin. It also stars Adrien Brody and Jeffrey Wright.
Beyonce tells InStyle in an interview, "I gained almost 15 pounds to play the role. It was way easier - and tastier - than having to lose so much weight for Dreamgirls."
It usually is much easier and more delicious to gain it than to lose it. If only it worked the other way around.
People reports that the role has rubbed off Beyonce's music. She says, "Lyrically, it's deeper than what I've done before. I wasn't mature enough or old enough, or in touch with myself enough, to do this type of album before. I didn't have the guts."
Cadillac Records will open in wide release on December 8, 2008. Here's the trailer:
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again