Bryce Dallas Howard Replacing Rachelle Lefevre in 3rd Twilight Film
Posted on July 28, 2009
In the third installment of Summit's "Twilight" franchise, Rachelle Lefevre, who was to play the role of villain Victoria, will be replaced by Bryce Dallas Howard when shooting begins in Vancouver on August 17.
Lefevre played the role in the first picture, "Twilight," and in the upcoming "New Moon."
The studio attributed the move to scheduling conflicts. Lefevre recently was cast in the indie drama "Barney's Version" opposite Dustin Hoffman, which also has an August 17 start date, only several thousand kilometers east, in Quebec.
Casting switches of major characters can be upsetting to fans. There has already been some negative reaction to the switch from Twilight fans on Twitter.
Rachelle Lefevre talks Twilight in this interview with Vanity Fair.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again