Gravity Wins Weekend Box Office, Sets October Record
Posted on October 6, 2013
Gravity easily won the box office this weekend with a huge $55 million take. It also set a record for the biggest October opening. Deadline reports that the space thriller also set the biggest IMAX opening and the biggest openings for actors Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. The film has a 98% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Critics are praising the film for amazing cinematography and great acting.
Gravity was followed by Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, which added $21.5 millin during its second weekend in theaters. Runner Runner, a thriller starring Ben Affleck, Justin Timberlake and Gemma Arterton, did not fare well. It made just $7.6 million. Critics were not found of the film at all.
Runner Runner was followed by Prisoners, Rush, Don Jon and Baggage Claim. You can find the complete box office report here.
Photos: Warner Bros.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again