Justin Bieber Tweets Retirement as Believe Bombs in Theaters
Posted on December 26, 2013
Singer Justin Bieber, a known prankster, tweeted his retirement over the holidays. Bieber is only 19 so the idea that he would retire is absurd.
Bieber tweeted, "My beloved beliebers I'm officially retiring." This may have upset some Believers as about thirty minutes later Bieber wrote, "The media talks a lot about me. They make a up a lot of lies and want me to fail but I'm never leaving you, being a belieber is a lifestyle."
The tweets come as Justin Bieber's film, Believe, failed to find many Beliebers in theaters. The film made just $1.25 million in over 1,000 theaters on Christmas Day, for a very weak per theater average of $1,250 per theater. Bieber's previous concert film, Never Say Never, had a much bigger $12 million opening day. Expectations for Believe had been lowered but the Wall Street Journal reports that an opening this weak was a surprise. Take a look:
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again