Keira Knightley to Star in Never Let Me Go
Posted on March 2, 2009
Keira Knightley is slated to star in a science fiction thriller from Fox Searchlight called Never Let Me Go. The film focuses on three people who come to realize they are clones grown for the "sole purpose of organ donation."
Andrew Macdonald and Allon Reich are producing through their London-based DNA Films banner. Alex Garland, who penned the screenplay, is producing as well. Film 4 is also involved as a producer.
Film is set to lense in April in London and Norfolk, England.
Story revolves around a trio who grew up in a boarding school with no contact or knowledge of the outside world until they discover they are clones grown for the sole purpose of organ donation.
Mark Romanek, who directed the compelling One Hour Photo, will direct. The movie will be based on the novel by British author Kazuo Ishiguro. The last major cloning film was The Island, which starred Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again