The Lorax Makes Over $70 Million to Win Weekend Box Office
Posted on March 4, 2012
The Lorax, which starred Danny DeVito as the small orange creature from the Dr. Seuss classic, is the number one film in the nation this weekend. It grossed over $70 million for the biggest weekend opening so far this year. The kid friendly film skewed young as expected. Deadline says 68% of the audience was 12 years of age and under. Danny DeVito, Taylor Swift and Zac Efron were seen everywhere doing interviews and events to promote the movie.
Project X, a film about a wild out-of-control party, opened in second and made $20.7 million. Actor of Valor finished third and made $13.7 million in its second week in theaters. Safe House came in fourth and made $7.2 million to push its box office gross to $108 million. Safe House was followed by Tyler Perry's Good Deeds, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island and The Vow. You can see the complete box office report for the weekend here.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again