Magic Mike Sequel is a Go, Will Hit Theaters in July, 2015
Posted on April 15, 2014
It's official. There will be a Magic Mike sequel. Warner Bros has set the release date for July 3, 2015. The original film was based on Channing Tatum's early days as a male exotic dancer. Steven Soderbergh directed the film which was a surprise hit. The film is being turned into a Broadway musical.
Channing won the Trailblazer Award at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards. Here Channing talks backstage about winning the award and the Magic Mike sequel. Channing says he is writing the film now with his co-writer. He says this movie will be a road trip movie. He says he wants some reality in it, but he doesn't want it to be dark. He wants it to be lots of fun. He says he thinks the entire cast, including Matthew McConaughey, will be back, but no one's deals have been done yet which is kind of scary. He says that there is just something about McConaughey and what he brings to the role of Dallas. We agree. Take a look:
Photo: Claudette Barius/Warner Bros.
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again
- Eminem Makes Cameo in SNL's Fun Stan Parody Called Stu