Eva Green and Asa Butterfield Star in First Trailer for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Posted on March 16, 2016
The first trailer for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children gives us a look at Tim Burton's adaptation of the bestselling novel by Ransom Riggs. The book tells the story of a boy named Jacob Portman (Asa Butterfield) who discovers an abandoned orphanage that is out of normal time and space.
The orphanage is run by Miss Peregrine (Eva Green) who keeps a happy home for "peculiar" children -- that is, children with special powers. The book features a number of real, vernacular phtographs that the author uses to help tell the story. Jacob discovers he has powers too and must help protect the children from those who wish to hurt them.
The film also stars Samuel L. Jackson, Allison Janney, Ella Purnell, Judi Dench, Rupert Everett, and Terence Stamp. the screenplay was written by British writer Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, Kingsman: The Secret Service, X-Men: Days of Future Past).
The film will be released on September 30, 2016. Take a look:
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again