Peter Jackson to Direct Tintin 2
Posted on February 16, 2012
MTV Splash Page reports that Peter Jackson will be directing Tintin 2, the sequel to The Adventures of Tintin. Peter Jackson was a producer for the first film. Tintin did not have a very big box office in the U.S. (about $75 million), but the foreign box office was huge (nearly $300 million), which is why a sequel is being made.
Splash Page notes that Peter Jackson has a couple Hobbit films to make so it could be a couple years at least before the film arrives in theaters. Spielberg told TotalFilm that they have selected the Tintin books the second movie is based on, but they are not going to say which books they are just yet.
Photo: Paramount Pictures
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again
- Eminem Makes Cameo in SNL's Fun Stan Parody Called Stu