Rogue One Wins Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
Posted on January 2, 2017
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was the number one film in theaters again this weekend. It made another $49.5 million to bring its total U.S. gross to $424.9 million. It has won the box office for three straight weekends.
Rogue One was followed by Sing, which made $42.8 million during its second weekend. Sing is also performing strongly and has made $166 after just two weeks in theaters. Sing was followed by Passengers which made $16.1 million.
Moana came in fourth during its sixth weekend in theaters. The hit animated film has now made over $210 million. Moana was followed by Why Him?, Fences, La La Land and Assassin's Creed. You can find the weekend chart here.
Rogue One and Sing face new competition this coming weekend. The new films include Underworld: Blood Wars and A Monster Calls. Rogue One only fell by about 22% this weekend from its prior weekend. If it repeats that this coming weekend it may hold onto the number one slot again.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again