Lily Collins and Alden Ehrenreich Star in First Trailer for Rules Don't Apply
Posted on July 14, 2016
Fox has released the first trailer for Warren Beatty's new film Rules Don't Apply, which he wrote and directed. He also stars as Howard Hughes. The story follows a young aspiring actress Marla Mabry (Lily Collins) who hopes Hughes will make her a star. She is assigned a driver named Frank Forbes (Alden Ehrenreich). Naturally the two fall in love, but Hughes has a hard and fast rule that his employees never date the contract actresses.
The film is set in 1958 and it's a whole other world. Marla is a strict Baptist, as is her mother who is played by Beatty's wife Annette Bening. Beatty plays the eccentric billionaire with a light touch -- this is a comedy, after all. Alden Ehrenreich will play the young Indiana Jones in a new film, so we're going to be seeing a lot more of him on screen.
The film also stars Alec Baldwin, Haley Bennett, Candice Bergen, Matthew Broderick, Dabney Coleman, Steve Coogan, Taissa Farmiga, Ed Harris, Megan Hilty, Oliver Platt and Martin Sheen. The film hits theaters on November 23, 2016, and looks quite entertaining. Take a look:
- A Quiet Place Part II Tops Memorial Day Box Office
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend