SNL Cold Open: Super Bowl Blackout
Posted on February 10, 2013
The electrical black out in the early part of the second half of the Super Bowl was pretty much a disaster for CBS. The sports broadcast team of Shannon Sharpe (Jay Pharoah), Bill Cowher, and Dan Marino (Jason Sudeikis), led by James Brown (Kenan Thompson) struggled mightily to fill dead airspace, when they really had absolutely nothing to say.
The broadcasters couldn't wait to toss to each other, desperately trying to get the spotlight off their lack of intelligent commentary. Taran Killam is hilarious as sideline reporter Steve Tasker who keeps trying to throw back to Brown saying, "Well not much new to report, JB. The lights went out and now they're trying to get them back on. Some players are stretching, some are not. And as a favor I'd like to ask you not to come back to me because I have nothing to add. Back to you, JB."
Brown keeps plugging the CBS sitcom Two Broke Girls. Finally he admits he's never even see the show and then resorts to demanding that Marino talk about the love child that he recently fathered. Take a look:
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again