Suicide Squad Soundtrack Tops Billboard 200
Posted on August 20, 2016
The Suicide Squad soundtrack has topped the Billboard 200 chart. It is the first theatrical movie album to top the Billboard 200 since Pitch Perfect 2 did it last May and unlike the Pitch Perfect films Suicide Squad is not a film you directly associate with music.
The star studded movie album includes songs from Skrillex, Rick Ross, Twenty One Pilots, Eminem, Skylar Grey, Grimes, War and more. There is also the "Sucker for Pain" song, a collaboration with Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa and Imagine Dragons. Here is the music video for "Sucker for Pain."
Billboard reports that the album sold 128,000 copies in its debut week. It also recorded 32.6 million stream which Billboard says is the "he largest streaming week for a soundtrack album, ever, on the chart." The Suicide Squad film was a hit as well. It has already made nearly $250 million in the U.S. and nearly $500 million worldwide.
- Us Dominates Box Office With $70 Million Opening
- Captain Marvel Tops Box Office for Second Straight Weekend
- Lego Movie 2 Tops Weekend Box Office
- Bohemian Rhapsody Tops Weekend Box Office with $50 Million Opening
- Venom Tops Box Office With $80 Million Opening Weekend