The Conjuring 2 Wins Weekend Box Office
Posted on June 12, 2016
The Conjuring 2 topped the box office this weekend. The horror sequel made $40.3 million on a very strong $12,070 per theater average. The film has an A- CinemaScore.
Warcraft is a fantasy film based on the World of Warcraft online game. It had a weaker than expected opening in the U.S. at $24 million. However, it is a monster hit in China where it has made over $140 million. It has a B+ CinemaScore.
Now You See Me 2 made $23 million. This was less than the $29 the original made during its opening weekend in May 2013. The new film has an A- CinemaScore. Now You See Me 2 was followed by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, X-Men: Apocalypse, Me Before You, The Angry Birds Movie and Alice Through the Looking Glass. You can see the box office chart for the weekend here.
The films opening this coming weekend include Finding Dory, Central Intelligence, Swiss Army Man and Tickled. We suspect Dory will be the big winner. Finding Nemo had a $70 million opening in 2003.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again