The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Tops Weekend Box Office Again
Posted on December 23, 2013
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug won the weekend box office for the second consecutive weekend. The second entry in the The Hobbit film series made over $31 million to bring its total gross to $127.5 million. Anchorman 2 finished second and made $26.8 million. Will Ferrell has been everywhere promoting the film with funny promos and interviews.
Frozen finished third and made another $19.2 million to bring its total gross to $191 million. American Hustle opened its fourth and made $19 million. Saving Banks opened in fifth and made $9.23. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire made $8.75 million to bring its total gross to an impressive $371 million.
Catching Fire was followed by Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas, Walking with Dinosaurs and Dhoom 3. You can see the complete box office report here.
Photo: Warner Bros.
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again
- Eminem Makes Cameo in SNL's Fun Stan Parody Called Stu