The Lego Movie Wins Weekend Box Office
Posted on February 9, 2014
The Lego Movie won the weekend box office with a huge $69.1 million take. This was the second biggest February opening. Only The Passion of the Christ made more in February when it opened with $83 million in 2004.
The Monuments Men, starring George Clooney and Matt Damon, also had a good opening. It made $22.7 million in 3,083 theaters. Ride Along is still drawing moviegoers. It made $9.3 million during its fourth weekend and theaters and sailed past the $100 million mark for its total gross. Frozen is also not fading in theaters. It added $6.9 million to bring its total gross to $368.8 million.
Frozen was followed by That Awkward Moment and Lone Survivor. Vampire Academy opened in 7th and made just $4 million in 2,676 theaters. It was not a great debut for the series based on the Richelle Mead novels. You can view the complete box office report here.
Photo: Warner Bros.
- Us Dominates Box Office With $70 Million Opening
- Captain Marvel Tops Box Office for Second Straight Weekend
- Lego Movie 2 Tops Weekend Box Office
- Bohemian Rhapsody Tops Weekend Box Office with $50 Million Opening
- Venom Tops Box Office With $80 Million Opening Weekend