Think Like a Man Tops Weekend Box Office
Posted on April 22, 2012
Think Like a Man, a romantic comedy based on Steve Harvey's book, has topped the weekend box office. Think Like a Man made $33 million with a very strong $16,377 per theater average.
The Lucky One, starring Zac Efron, was also a big success this weekend. The film, based on the Nicholas Sparks novel, made $22.8 million. Deadline.com says the film overperformed, which is great news for Efron's career as a leading man.
The Hunger Games streak of four consecutive weekend box office wins ended this week. However, the film still finished third and made $14.5 million, increasing its U.S. box office gross to $356 million. Worldwide The Hunger Games has already grossed over $572 million.
Disneynature's Chimpanzee opened strong over the Earth Day weekend with a take of $10.2 million and a per theater average of $6,529. Chimpanzee was followed by The Three Stooges, The Cabin in the Woods, American Reunion and Titanic 3D. You can see the complete box office report here.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again