Venom Tops Box Office With $80 Million Opening Weekend
Posted on October 9, 2018
Venom won the box office this weekend with an $80 million opening. The impressive debut set a box office record for an opening weekend in October. The film stars Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock/Venom. It also stars Michelle Williams and Riz Ahmed. Venom has a B+ CinemaScore.
Venom was followed by A Star is Born, which also had a great opening weekend. The film starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper made $42.9 million. It has an A CinemaScore.
A Star is Born was followed by Smallfoot, Night School and The House With a Clock in Its Walls. Smallfoot fell just 37.5% from its opening weekend. It has now made $42 million after two weekends in theaters.
A Simple Favor, The Nun, Crazy Rich Asians and Hell Fest took the 6, 7, 8 and 9th positions on the chart. The remaining films did make more than a $1 million during the weekend.
Venom will be up against First Man starring Ryan Gosling this coming weekend. Other opening films include Goosebumps 2 and Bad Times at the El Royale.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again