Winona Ryder Stars in New Netflix SF Series Stranger Things
Posted on June 10, 2016
Netflix released a very intriguing trailer for its new sf series Stranger Things. The show stars Winona Ryder as Joyce, the mother of a little boy names Mike (Finn Wolfhard) who mysteriously vanishes from their sleepy small town. The more his mother investigates, the odder things get. The police chief (David Harbour) tries to convince her that nothing exciting ever happens in their town and that 99% of the time a missing child is with the other parent. She wants to know what happens the other 1% of the time.
Well, in this case it appears that the missing child has gotten caught up in some kind of government conspiracy involving experimentation on humans and possible aliens. Many of the shots of the children in the movie remind us of E.T. and J.J. Abrams' homage to that film, Super 8. There is a little girl who shows up in town called only Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) who has some pretty amazing powers of telekinesis and control of electricity.
It appears she has escaped from some kind of laboratory and may know where Mike is. The show also stars Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp, Natalia Dyer, Cara Buono, Charlie Heaton, and Matthew Modine. Take a look:
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again