Duchess of Cambridge Visits the Taronga Zoo
Posted on April 20, 2014
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George visited Taronga Zoo in Sydney. This is Prince George's only official appearance during the tour and he handled it like a little trouper. Catherine and William were eager to hear about the zoo's conservancy program, which works to preserve endangered species.
Catherine looked lovely in a primrose yellow dress made of eyelet lace or broderie anglaise. She wore this dress during the 2012 Jubilee Tour when she was in the Solomon Islands. St. James Palace never released the name of the designer, who didn't want to be named for some reason. Catherine accessorized with her citrine drop earrings by Kiki McDonough and her Stuart Weitzman Minx platform wedge heels.
Here she meets and gets to pet a young koala named Leuca. Koalas smell like eucalyptus, which is their preferred food and you can see Catherine lean in to catch the scent after the zookeeper mentioned it. The koala is amazingly calm during his royal audience.
Prince George also met a bilby at the Taronga zoo.
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again