Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling Dance on Air in First La La Land Trailer
Posted on July 13, 2016
Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone are just so magical together. That chemistry is quite apparent in the first trailer for La La Land, which was written and directed by Damien Chazelle (Whiplash). Emma plays Mia, an aspiring actress whose life is an endless round of auditions while she barely scrapes by. Ryan plays Sebastian, a jazz musician who is also trying to hit the big time.
The two fall in love, but things get complicated. The first teaser trailer has gorgeous cinematography, which shows Emma and Ryan literally dancing on air at one point. Ryan sings the song "City of Stars" over the trailer and he sounds amazing.
It has elements of a musical from the golden age of Hollywood, but it's set in the present day with plenty of romance and drama. J.K. Simmons, Finn Wittrock, Rosemarie DeWitt, Josh Pence and John Legend. The film hits theaters December 16, 2016 and we can't wait to see it. This is one amazing trailer, we hope the film lives up to it. Take a look:
- Us Dominates Box Office With $70 Million Opening
- Captain Marvel Tops Box Office for Second Straight Weekend
- Lego Movie 2 Tops Weekend Box Office
- Bohemian Rhapsody Tops Weekend Box Office with $50 Million Opening
- Venom Tops Box Office With $80 Million Opening Weekend