Skydiver Luke Aikins in Record Jump from 25,000 Feet Without a Parachute
Posted on July 30, 2016
Skydiver Luke Aikins successfully completed an amazing jump from 25,000 feet (7,600 meters) without using a parachute or wingsuit. The stun was called Heaven Sent. Aikins landed safely on a 100 square foot net at the end of the jump.
NPR reports that the jump aired live on Fox. It took places above the California desert. Aikins, 42, has been jumping for years but this is the first time many people have heard his name. He says in a statement, "Everyone is calling this my 'coming-out jump,' which is ironic considering I've been skydiving since the age of 16."
The free fall lasted about two minutes. Aikins flipped onto his back just before hitting his net. The net was placed high above the ground. It was strong enough and large enough to keep Aikins from hitting the earth. Take a look:
- SNL Rap Video Weird Little Flute Features Kid Cudi
- Godzilla vs. Kong Tops Box Office
- Disney to Offer Cruella and Black Widow on Disneyplus Same Day as Theater Release
- Raya and The Last Dragon Tops Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend
- The Marksman Tops Weekend Box Office Again